Our Top 50 Selection:
- Fun experiments on how our brains work -
1. Do you think you know the colors?: try the Stroop Test.
2. Can you count?: Basketball attention experiment (Interactive).
3. Who is this?: A very important little guy (Interactive).
4. Take the Senses Challenge (Interactive).
5. Are there more brain connections or leaves in the Amazon?.
- Attention -
7. How are your divided attention skills? check out “Inside and Outside”.
8. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? try “Two in One”.
9. Count the Fs in this sentence.
10. Monkeys and Brain Games: is your attention better than a chimp’s?.
- Memory -
11. Brain Exercises for the Weekend: a few challenges to train attention and working memory.
12. Proud of your visual short-term memory? Give a try at “Picasso”.
- Pattern recognition and planning -
13. Planning is not that easy: Towers of Hanoi (Interactive).
14. What’s the missing number: Pattern Recognition Brain Teaser.
15. Brain Puzzle for the Whole Brain: The Blind Beggar.
16. Find the missing number in The Empty Triangle.
17. What about Tipping the Scales.
18. Don’t be misled by this brain workout.
19. Please find the missing number here.
- Visual workouts -
20. Test the limits of your peripheral vision with this challenge (Interactive).
21. How many…: Train your Frontal and Parietal lobes.
22. Is a circle a circle?: Visual Perception Brain Teaser.
23. Mental Imagery and Spatial Rotation challenge.
24. What piece fits here?.
25. Can you mentally build this box?.
- Visual Illusions -
26. The Muller-Lyer Illusion (Interactive).
27. Don’t try this with your partner, or you may fight.
28. How many colors do you see in The Hermann Grid.
29. This is less obvious than it may appear.
30. Is this a circle or what?.
32. Are these 2 rows parallel?.
33. What do you see.
- Language and Logic -
34. Words in your brain: do you know where words are “stored” in your brain?.
35. Join this Party For Polyglots.
36. Solve Dr. Nasty’s Giant Cube.
37. Which way is the bus heading?.
- With a Corporate angle -
38. Collection of Stress Management exercises.
39. Some Google/ Microsoft Brain Teasers used in interviews.
40. A few guesstimations like the ones I was asked in McKinsey interviews years ago.
41. More guesstimations.
42. Your last Aha! moment?.
43. Can you read these faces.
- Math puzzles -
44. Choose the right Fork in the Road.
45. Find the the Really, Really, Really Big Number.
46. Hard: The Unkindest Cut of All, Part 1 of 2.
47. For geniuses: Concentric Shapes or The Unkindest Cut of All, Part 2 of 2.
- Tough to categorize -
48. Clinically proven Stress Management tip.
49. Enjoy this Sunday Afternoon Quiz.
50. Your Haiku, Please?: please, a haiku in honor of brain research.