Here are my top ten favourite “Einstein on KM” quotes, which I have roughly curated into a journey from information to knowledge, through to learning and simplicity, experimentation, failure, curiosity and imagination…
- Information is not knowledge.
- The only source of knowledge is experience.
- Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
- If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
- We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be.
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
And for any of us who have ever been asked to create an accountant-proof business case for KM, there is always the classic:
- Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.